WANO Nuclear Excellence Awards
At the closure of its eleventh Biennial General Meeting held in Shenzhen, the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) tonight acknowledged the outstanding contribution made by eight nuclear professionals to promote excellence in the safe operation of commercial nuclear power.
The honorary awards were established in 2003 to recognise individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to excellence in the operation of nuclear power plants, or the infrastructure that supports the nuclear power enterprise, or through WANO.
Potential award recipients undergo a rigorous nomination and selection process before being approved. The awards are presented during each WANO Biennial General Meeting.
This year’s award recipients are:
- Akram Ahsan of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- CHEN Hua of China National Nuclear Corporation
- George Hutcherson of Institute of Nuclear Power Operations
- Manuel D. Ibañez of Spanish Electricity Industry Association (UNESA)
- Susan Reilly Landahl of Exelon Corporation
- LU Changshen of Daya Bay Nuclear Power Operations and Management Company
- Stane Rožman of Nuklearna Elektrarna Krsko
- Nikolay Sorokin of Concern Rosenergoatom
For more information please contact George Felgate, WANO Managing Director on: mobile: +44 7796 144 311; email: firstname.lastname@example.org