the closure of its 14th Biennial General Meeting held in Gyeongju, South Korea,
the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) acknowledged the outstanding
contribution made by nine nuclear professionals to promote excellence in the
safe operation of commercial nuclear power.
The awards were established in 2003 to recognise individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to excellence in the operation of nuclear power plants, or the infrastructure that supports the nuclear power enterprise, or through WANO.
This year's award recipients were:
- Brian Cowell, EDF Energy
- Bum-nyun Kim, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Company (KHNP)
- Pavlo Pavlyshyn, Rivne Nuclear Power Plant, NNEGC Energoatom
- Pierre Pilon, Bruce Power
- Philippe Sasseigne, Électricité de France
- Debbie Sims, WANO Atlanta Centre
- Jouko Turpeinen, Fortum Power and Heat Oy
- Jean Van Vyve, ENGIE Electrabel
- Makoto Yagi, The Kansai Electric Power Company, Inc
WANO extends its congratulations to the nine recipients and thanks them for their dedication to nuclear safety.