At the closure of its tenth Biennial General Meeting, held in New Delhi, the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) tonight acknowledged the outstanding contribution made by eight nuclear professionals to promote excellence in the safe operation of commercial nuclear power.
The award recipients are:
- Shashi Bhattacharjee of Nuclear Power Corporation of India, Ltd.
- Bill Coley formerly of British Energy Group Plc.
- Rafael Fernández de la Garza of Comisión Federal de Electricidad
- Rhonda A Lightfoot of Bruce Power
- Alexander Lokshin of Rosatom State Corporation
- Amir Shahkarami of Exelon Generation Corporation
- Viktor Shevaldin of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Lithuania
- ZAN Yunlong of China Guangdong Nuclear Power Holding Co., Ltd.
The WANO Nuclear Excellence Awards were established in 2003 to recognise individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to excellence in the operation of nuclear power plants, or the infrastructure that supports the nuclear power enterprise, or through WANO.
Potential award recipients undergo a rigorous nomination and selection process before being approved. The awards are presented during each WANO Biennial General Meeting.