Changes in the nuclear workforce population and the decision of many countries to start a nuclear programme are a reality in all regions around the world. The need to attract young talent and retain knowledge in the nuclear industry is crucial and can pose challenges to WANO members.
For this reason, WANO has started a new initiative to help its members in this transition: WANO Young Generation (WANO YG).
The WANO YG mission is to create future leaders for safe and reliable operations of nuclear power plants, through networking, professional development, and knowledge transfer within the WANO membership.
The goals of WANO YG are as follows:
• To familiarise young professionals with WANO and its activities
• To promote knowledge transfer between experienced workers and young professionals
• To facilitate networking between young nuclear professionals
• To increase professional development
• To stimulate entrepreneurship within companies and discussions with senior leaders
We created a network that collaborates with existing young nuclear organisations. The WANO YG will empower the existing groups - nationally, regionally and internationally.
WANO YG works together with existing YG groups, such as the
to coordinate activities. WANO can offer specific activities to young staff of its members; for example, participation in Peer Reviews (PRs) or Technical Support Missions (TSMs) taking place at their nuclear power facility.
Check out the WANO YG FAQs
Pictured above: YG Group at the WANO BGM 2015