Nuclear Excellence Award winners announced as 2017 BGM draws to an end
At the closure of its 14th Biennial General Meeting held in Gyeongju, South Korea, the World Association of Nuclear Operators (WANO) acknowledged the outstanding contribution made by nine nuclear professionals to promote excellence in the safe operation of commercial nuclear power.
Vol 25 No 3 2018
14 November 2017
The awards were established in 2003 to recognise individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to excellence in the operation of nuclear power plants, or the infrastructure that supports the nuclear power enterprise, or through WANO.
This year's award recipients were:
WANO extends its congratulations to the nine recipients and thanks them for their dedication to nuclear safety.
- Brian Cowell, EDF Energy
- Bum-nyun Kim, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Company (KHNP)
- Pavlo Pavlyshyn, Rivne Nuclear Power Plant, NNEGC Energoatom
- Pierre Pilon, Bruce Power
- Philippe Sasseigne, Électricité de France
- Debbie Sims, WANO Atlanta Centre
- Jouko Turpeinen, Fortum Power and Heat Oy
- Jean Van Vyve, ENGIE Electrabel
- Makoto Yagi, The Kansai Electric Power Company, Inc