WANO announces the winners of 2019 Nuclear Excellence Awards
Vol 29 No 2 2019
9 December 2019
Nine outstanding nuclear professionals won the industry's prestigious Nuclear Excellence Awards at WANO’s recent Biennial General Meeting in London. The awards recognise an individual’s outstanding contribution in promoting excellence in the safe operation of commercial nuclear power.
At a special dinner, this year's nine winners of Nuclear Excellence Awards were recognised for their career-long dedication to nuclear safety.
The award recipients underwent a rigorous nomination and selection process before being approved. This year's nine award winners are:
• Nigel Cann, EDF Energy
• Duncan Hawthorne, Horizon Nuclear Power
• Viktor Igorevich Ignatov, Kalinin Nuclear Power Plant
• GU Jian, China National Nuclear Power Co, Ltd
• Magali Lefevre, Électricité de France
• Mitsuo Matsui, The Chugoku Electric Power Co, Inc
• Vladimir Petrovich Povarov, JSC Concern Rosenergoatom, Novovoronezh Nuclear Power Plant
• SU Shengbing, CGN Power Co, Ltd
• Terry Young, Wolf Creek Generating Station
Peter Prozesky commented: “We offer our wholehearted congratulations to the winners of these awards. Each recipient has demonstrated sustained excellence in driving operational safety and reliability within their plants and facilities, and we are delighted to honour them. They are worthy winners and have dedicated their careers to help their organisations and others to achieve operational excellence.”