Win a scholarship to the WNU Summer Institute!
21 January 2020
To win a scholarship to the WNU Summer Institute, which takes place from 15 June - 20 July 2020 in Japan (including Kobe, Fukui and Fukushima) - please answer in English to the following question in under 500 words:
"Why do you want to go to the 2020 WNU Summer Institute and how will you improve nuclear safety with the knowledge that you will gain from being there?"
The winner will receive a scholarship worth €14,400 to the course, which covers:
• Course materials and mentorship
• Meals for the duration of the Summer Institute
• Ensuite accommodation during the academic programme and twin room during technical tour
• Technical tours
• your answer to the question above
• a letter from your employer agreeing to cover the cost for a return flight from your country to Japan
• an up-to-date CV
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must currently be working for a WANO member and meet the WNU Summer Institute eligibility criteria, which is as follows:
• Currently employed in the nuclear sector, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent 4 years of work experience) in nuclear energy sciences related field.
• 2 reference letters demonstrating leadership potential as well as professional or academic excellence.
• Advanced English language skills, to be able to participate in lively discussions. For non-native English speakers, an English certificate is required.
To find out more about the course, its key benefits and criteria, click here.