The WANO London Office is looking for a new secondee to join the established Industry Learning & Development (IL&D) programme team in the role of Senior Advisor. The initial secondment will be for a period of two years; however, this may be extended on agreement of all parties to meet business needs.
The IL&D Senior Advisors’ work assists the Industry Leadership & Development Programme by producing value-added products (including training materials) for regional centre and member use. They promote a systematic approach to training, ensuring member topics are addressed by IL&D activities, following analysis of the results of other WANO programmes.
Full details of the role can be found in the attached job profile
Please note that the role involves international travel.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in commercial nuclear power including a minimum of five years at a nuclear plant.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in management – preferably within the nuclear industry.
• Experience designing and implementing solutions for performance shortfalls.
• A high level of knowledge in a minimum of one reactor design type.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written. As a minimum, certified English skills at C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (or equivalent) are required.
• Possess a degree in a technical or educational field.
• Excellent interpersonal (relationship) skills with a proven ability to communicate with peers at all levels.
• A proven ability to work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds whilst demonstrating sensitivity and respect to differences.
• A strong commitment to WANO’s mission.
• The ability to adapt well to changing programme needs.
The full person specification can also be found in the job profile.
If you wish to apply for this role or know of any suitable candidates for the role, please ask them to apply by completing the following forms and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application Form
• Equal Opportunities Form
• Secondment Agreement Form
Please note that candidates who are currently working for WANO or its member entities and wish to apply for this position as a secondment, must submit a secondment agreement supporting their application for this post. WANO London Office cannot accept applicants who do not submit this secondment agreement with their application.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 17 May 2021
and interviews will be held on the weeks commencing 24 & 31 May 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the WANO London Office at email@example.com. More information regarding secondments to the LO can be found on our member and public websites.