The WANO London Office (LO) is looking for an experienced communications professional to join the established Corporate Communications programme team in the role of Programme Director. This position is offered as either a fixed-term contract or a secondment position. A fixed-term contract would be offered on a three year basis. For a secondment position initial contract will be for a period of two years; however, this may be extended on agreement of all parties to meet business needs.
Leading the Global Corporate Communications Programme at WANO, you will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. You will be responsible for directing, implementing and coordinating communication and marketing activities across WANO whilst supporting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), WANO Governing Board and Executive Leadership team (ELT), as required. This is a fantastic collaborative role with a real chance to implement change on a global scale. Frequent contact with both colleagues and WANO members across the world is essential. The role will be primarily based in the London Office, however we will consider remote working solutions dependant on individual circumstances. Full details of the role can be found in the attached job profile.
Please note that the role involves international travel.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbally and written. As a minimum, certified English skills at C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (or equivalent) is required.
• Educated to degree level in Communications, or a related field of study such as English, Journalism, Communications or Politics.
• Demonstrable experience working within the nuclear industry.
• Demonstrable experience in utilising different corporate communication practices (corporate affairs and reputational management, marketing and branding, digital and social, public and media relations, events) in an integrated manner.
• Understanding of segmenting an audience base, using CRM databases and delivering successful engagement strategies globally.
• Proven success working within an international setting and an understanding of different national markets.
• Solid experience in leading and managing teams.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering complex projects within the projects agreed parameters.
• Leveraging data and analytics in demonstrating programme and strategies’ effectiveness and suggesting improvements to Programme activities.
• Utilising various digital tools and technologies to enhance the reach of communication strategies and campaigns.
• Ability to apply communications strategies to help achieve desired business outcomes.
The full person specification can also be found in the Job Profile.
The salary banding for this position as a fixed term contract is £85,000 - £159,000 per annum. For a secondment, the reimbursement level is £185,000 per annum.
If you wish to apply for this role or know of any suitable candidates for the role, please ask them to apply by completing the following forms and emailing them to email@example.com:
Please note that candidates who are currently working for WANO or its member entities and wish to apply for this position as a secondment, must submit a secondment agreement supporting their application for this post. WANO London Office cannot accept applicants who do not submit this secondment agreement with their application.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Thursday 1 October 2020 and interviews are expected to take place on the week commencing 12 October 2020.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the WANO London Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information regarding secondments to the LO can be found on our member and public websites.
Thank you for supporting WANO in its mission to improve worldwide nuclear safety.